Monday 11 January 2010

aqua muscle


some ideas that i have been trying n photoshop, its not finished yet but its in motion. Inspired by Bob Violas underwater art, as well as the character 'Guyver.' I aim to explore the use of colour and background in this image.

During this image i have discovered a very simple but interesting thing, i found that to colour the background in first allows you to base the subjects colour and shade to reflect the surroundings making a far greater realistic look.
From this I realize that the colours you use are actually far darker then you would expect; this makes the highlights even more prominant.

My error in not discovering this sooner was my reluctance to paint in colour, i usually just use blacks and whites to draw my images. Now that i am getting the hang of this, my images are even more rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment